Why Are Sweet Potatoes So Healthy?
Welcome to the ‘Healthy Cookout Foods’ Today’s healthy cookout food is sweet potatoes.
Sweet potatoes are an excellent alternative to French fries or potato chips at cookouts.
When grilled in the right way, they taste fantastic and unlike the highly processed alternatives, sweet potatoes are also loaded with a range of nutrients which are listed below:- Copper which your body uses to produce a number of important substances.
– Fiber which boosts your bowels, regulates blood glucose levels and helps you absorb all the nutrients from your food.
– Manganese which allows your body to activate a range of important enzymes.
– Potassium which supports healthy metabolism and regulates a number of important internal processes.
– Vitamin A which keeps your eyes healthy and your vision strong.
– Vitamin C which your body uses to produce collagen – the main animal protein in connective tissue.
– The B vitamins – B3, B5 and B6 which help your body break down food for energy
Healthy Honey & Soy Sauce Sweet Potato Marinade
This honey and soy sauce sweet potato marinade adds a diverse flavor to potatoes that is both rich and tasty. It makes enough marinade for around 4 oz. of sweet potatoes.
To make it, simply follow the instructions below:
1) Mix 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce in a sealable container with 1/2 a crushed garlic clove, 1/2 a teaspoon of black pepper, 1/2 a teaspoon of ginger powder and 1/2 a teaspoon of salt.
2) Place the potatoes in the sealable container and coat them fully with marinade.
3) Seal the container and place it in the refrigerator until you are ready for the cookout. Make sure you refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours to allow the marinade to fully soak into the sweet potatoes. Also, make sure you turn them periodically, so that all of the potatoes get marinated evenly.