Trying to add extra fiber to your family’s diet? These whole-grain waffles are a tasty place to start.
They’re so crisp and light, no one will ever suspect they’re made with 100% whole wheat flour!
WHOLE WHEAT WAFFLES
- 1½ cups King Arthur 100% White Whole Wheat Flour or Premium Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups lukewarm milk
- ⅓ cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- Preheat your iron while you make the waffle batter.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and butter or oil.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. The batter will be a bit lumpy; that’s OK.
- Cook the waffles as directed in the instructions that came with your waffle iron.
- Yield: 3½ round Belgian-style (deep-pocket) 7″ waffles.
- Recipe complements of: kingarthurflour.com