Vintage Travel Pillow- Sewing Art from Flamingo Toes. Bev from Flamingo Toes created this beautiful quilted pillow using a vintage travel poster panel print and a reverse applique technique. She’s got a tutorial showing how she did it.
The print is from Riley Blake Designs National Parks fabric line, which features vintage travel poster art featuring United States National Parks. This pillow design would work with any large scale or panel print, though I’m in love with the vintage travel design she used.
Vintage Travel Pillow- Sewing Art
This pillow style would work great with lots of different panels too – here’s a quick tutorial so you can make one too!
Materials you need:
- Smoky Mountains National Parks Pillow Panel
- 20″ square of Riley Blake Linen in Natural
- 1/2 yard Blooms and Bobbins Blue Leaves print (for envelope back of pillow)
- 20″ square of cotton batting
- 20″ pillow form
- Aurifloss for running stitch around the pillow – I used gray
- Aurifl thread for quilting
- 2 1/4 yards pompom trim for edging
Vintage Travel Pillow- Sewing Art from Flamingo Toes, click the link for the detailed Instructions.