This popular soup from Vietnam features rice noodles, flavorful soup stock, medium rare slices of beef and fresh herbs.
Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup (Pho Bo)
- 4 cups Kitchen Basics® Original Beef Stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Ground Ginger
- 6 McCormick Gourmet Whole Cloves
- 3 sticks McCormick Gourmet Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Crushed Red Pepper
- 4 ounces rice noodles (, such as Thai Kitchen)
- 8 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak
- 4 green onions (, thinly sliced)
- 1 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 lime (, quartered)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Bring stock, soy sauce and spices just to boil in large saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Return stock to boil.
- Cook rice noodles as directed on package.
- Divide among 4 shallow soup bowls.
- Cut beef across the grain into thin slices.
- Divide beef slices, green onions and bean sprouts among the bowls.
- Pour boiling stock (about 1 cup) into each bowl.
- Serve with lime wedges, cilantro and mint.
- Source McCormick