This easy tie dye birthday cake is not difficult to prepare because you start with a cake mix and canned frosting. Get the cool colors with McCormick® Assorted NEON! Food Colors & Egg Dye.
TYE DYE BIRTHDAY CAKE PRINTABLE RECIPE
- 1 package ((2-layer size) white cake mix)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- McCormick® Assorted NEON! Food Colors & Egg Dye
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Raspberry Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 2 cans ((16 ounces each) white frosting)
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using egg whites. Divide batter evenly among 4 medium bowls. Add vanilla and 20 drops (about 1/4 teaspoon) neon purple food color to first bowl. Add raspberry flavor and 20 drops (about 1/4 teaspoon) neon blue food color to second bowl. Add lemon extract and 20 drops (about 1/4 teaspoon) neon pink food color to third bowl. Add orange extract and 20 drops (about 1/4 teaspoon) neon green food color to fourth bowl. Stir until batters are evenly tinted.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter randomly into 2 greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans. Bake as directed on package. Cool cakes on wire rack.
- Fill and frost cake layers with white frosting.
- Source: McCormick