Fluffy rice studded with juicy chunks of pineapple and shrimp comes together with the signature flavors of South East Asia, including ground ginger, cilantro and red pepper.
Serve it as a main course in a carved out pineapple – like they do in Thailand!
For spicy fried rice, ad 1/4 teaspoon McCormick red pepper.
Thai Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) white microwavable rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cilantro Leaves
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet. Keep warm.
- Cook and scramble egg in same skillet, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add rice; cook and stir 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through.
- Return shrimp to skillet. Cook and stir 1 minute or until heated through.
- Courtesy of McCormick