Teriyaki Chicken Bowls – Healthy Low Carb Paleo Recipe
These simple and tasty teriyaki chicken bowls recipe is one you’ll want to keep on hand for a quick dinner that everyone will enjoy.
It’s well known that following a paleo diet can help you lose weight. It’s high in protein, low in carbs, may reduce appetite and eliminates highly processed foods and added sugar. If you don’t like counting calories, evidence suggests the paleo diet could be a great option.
You can also substitute cauliflower rice for regular rice. I would use 1 cup basmati rice.Print
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 pound Chicken Breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 head broccoli, florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 tsp ground fresh chili paste
- scallions (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, chili paste and ginger.
- Add the chicken and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Place the florets in a steam basket and allow to cook until desired doneness.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and marinade.
- Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, stirring occasionally.
- Cook cauliflower rice as described on package
- Allow to cook until the sauce has thickened, then remove from heat and serve over the steamed cauliflower rice and steamed broccoli.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Calories: 430
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 37g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
I purchased this Dining Bowl Set (aflfiate link)
I buy my Sambal Odelek Chili Paste here (affiate link)