Sweetheart Apple Sandwich
Turn this snack into a gift that sends a sweet message with this fun twist on a simple sandwich. Begin by spreading some Santa Cruz Organic® Peanut Butter between two slices of fresh apple. Use a cookie cutter to cut a shape into the top and you’re sure to bring a smile to the face of anyone that bites into this fun sandwich.
- 1 large red or green apple ((8 oz.))
- 1 tablespoon Santa Cruz Organic® Dark Roasted Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Santa Cruz Organic® Strawberry Fruit Spread
- 1 tablespoon granola
- CUT two 1/2-inch thick slices from widest section of apple.
- Core one of apple slices with 1-inch heart cookie cutter.
- Remove seeds from remaining slice, if necessary.
- SPREAD top of solid apple slice with peanut butter and fruit spread.
- Top fruit spread with granola, placing along outside edge, so only fruit spread is seen through cutout.
- Top with remaining apple slice forming sandwich.
- Squeeze sandwich together gently.
- To keep apples from discoloring mix 2 tablespoon water with several drops of Santa Cruz Pure Lemon Juice.
- Brush onto both sides of apple slices.