Cool and fruity Orange Salsa complements the sweet ‘n smoky seasoned salmon fillets. Fish and shellfish are nutrient dense and salmon is no exception. It is an excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals (including potassium, selenium and vitamin B12) but it is their content of omega-3 fatty acids that receives the most attention.
Sweet 'n Smoky Salmon with Orange Salsa
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Perfect Pinch Salt Free Southwest Sweet n Smoky Seasoning divided
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar divided
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 2 cans ((11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Salt Free Southwest Sweet 'n Smoky Seasoning
- For the Salmon, mix juice, oil and 1 tablespoon each Seasoning and sugar in small bowl.
- Place salmon in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish.
- Add marinade; turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
- Meanwhile, for the Salsa, mix all ingredients in medium bowl until well blended.
- Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix remaining 1 tablespoon each Seasoning and sugar in small bowl. Remove salmon from marinade.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Rub salmon evenly with seasoning mixture.
- Try also with McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Salt Free Fiesta Citrus Seasoning.
- Source: McCormick
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with Orange Salsa.