I totally love love love this recipe. Probably because I love all the ingredients inside this stuffed green pepper.
Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe with Brown Rice, Italian Sausage, and Parmesan (Gluten-Free, Can Freeze)
I planned to make a meatless stuffed pepper but then I found two links of turkey Italian sausage in the fridge.
I couldn’t resist adding that to the mix, but you could easily make this vegetarian by substituting sauteed mushrooms for the sausage.
I enjoyed a couple of these flavorful stuffed peppers with my mom who gave them a very enthusiastic thumbs up!
Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe with Brown Rice
- 1 C long-grain brown rice ((I used Uncle Ben's Brown Rice, but any long-grain rice will work.))
- 4 large green bell peppers (, bottom trimmed, cap end cut off and diced, and seeds removed)
- 1 large onion (, diced)
- 2 tsp . + 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 links ((about 8 ounces) turkey Sweet Italian Sausage (or other sausage of your choice. Use diced mushrooms instead of sausage for vegetarian version.))
- 1/2 tsp . ground fennel
- 1/2 tsp . dried Greek or Turkish oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- CLICK ON LINK FOR INSTRUCTIONS