Avocado is a super food. They are loaded with all the good fats and are completely heart healthy and are a flavorful meal made all your own. Stuffed avocado can be an exciting recipe to start your day, have this Stuffed Avocado with Shrimp Salad filling for a light lunch or dinner or even an appetizer.
Stuffed Avocado with Shrimp Salad
- 2 avocados
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄16 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 ounces small salad shrimp
- 1 tablespoon green or black olives, sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon green onion, optional and minced
- Lettuce Leaf, (I like Romaine for mine)[/b]
- Using a medium sized bowl, mix mayonnaise, rice vinegar, parsley, dill weed, onion powder
- Mix in the shrimp, olives, celery, and green onions.
- Let salad marinate at least 1 hour.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and carefully remove the pits leaving the skins on.
- Spoon out avocado from the middle just enough to fill.
- Lay one piece of lettuce leaf on each plate, add avocado shell, and spoon shrimp mixture into the avocado halves.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings, parsley, dill, paprika etc.