Absolute perfection! The combination of flavors and textures is spot on.
The dense, crumbly cake with the fresh, sweet berries and the smooth, creamy cheesecake is just as perfect as you’d expect.
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Filling
- 2 packages ((16 ounces each) Driscoll's Strawberries)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (, divided)
- 24 ounces cream cheese (, room temperature)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Strawberry Sauce
- 1/2 package ((16 ounces) Driscoll's Strawberries, about 10-13 strawberries)
- 2-3 drops red food coloring ((optional))
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (, cold, cut into cubes)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Whipped Topping
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Click on Link for Recipe
And it incorporates all the flavors of a good strawberry shortcake into a super fun and delicious cheesecake.
You seriously won’t want to share.