These yummy Strawberry Cream Puffs are filled with creamy strawberry filling and sprinkled with powdered sugar for the finishing touch.
Here are some other strawberry recipes you might like.
Strawberry Cream Puffs
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- CREAM FILLING:
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Confectioners' sugar
- Additional sliced strawberries
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms.
- Remove from the heat and beat in eggs, one at a time. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart on a large ungreased baking sheet (make 10).
- Bake at 400° for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, combine berries and ¼ cup sugar.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Beat cream and remaining sugar until stiff.
- Just before serving, cut tops off puffs.
- Combine berries and cream mixture.
- Fill cream puffs and replace tops.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and serve with additional berries