These yummy Strawberry Cream Puffs are filled with creamy strawberry filling and sprinkled with powdered sugar for the finishing touch.
Here are some other strawberry recipes you might like.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- CREAM FILLING:
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Additional sliced strawberries
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms.
- Remove from the heat and beat in eggs, one at a time. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart on a large ungreased baking sheet (make 10).
- Bake at 400° for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, combine berries and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Beat cream and remaining sugar until stiff.
- Just before serving, cut tops off puffs.
- Combine berries and cream mixture.
- Fill cream puffs and replace tops.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, and serve with additional berries