This refreshing berry slab pie topped with pie crust stars is sure to be a hit at any summer holiday celebration.
Star-Spangled Red White & Blue Slab Pie
- 3 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box (from 2 boxes)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 containers (6 oz each) Yoplait® Original lemon burst yogurt
- Juice and grated peel of 1 lemon (3 tablespoons juice and 1 teaspoon peel)
- 6 cups assorted berries (sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- 1 cup strawberry glaze (from 13.5-oz container)
- Heat oven to 450°F. Remove 2 of the pie crusts from pouches. Unroll and stack on lightly floured surface. Roll to 17x12-inch rectangle. Fit crust into ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing into corners. Fold crust even with edges of pan. Prick crust several times with fork.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove another pie crust from pouch. On lightly floured surface, unroll crust. Roll to 12-inch circle. Cut stars using 1-, 1½- and 2-inch cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on large ungreased cookie sheet. Brush with water; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet. Remove to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, the cream cheese, yogurt, lemon juice and lemon peel with electric mixer on high speed until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly into crust-lined pan. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chilled.
- In large bowl, mix berries and glaze until well blended. Spoon berry mixture evenly on top of cream cheese-topped pie crust. Place pie crust stars on top of berry mixture.
- Courtesy of Pillsbury