I tried this Spaghetti Squash Healthy Low Carb Easy Keto Recipe and Loved it. I poured spaghetti sauce over it and had a delicious healthy low carb keto dinner.
Spaghetti squash is a versatile, delicious fall vegetable and mother nature’s version of gluten-free pasta. It’s really easy to cook and roast….once you cut it open.
1st Anniversary Gifts – A personalized canvas, a perfect 1st anniversary gift.
Full recipe below and watch the video and learn how to cook spaghetti squash.
Video and Recipe Below
HOW TO CUT SPAGHETTI SQUASH
You’ll also find lots of commentary on which way to slice spaghetti squash, lengthwise or across the middle. Those in favor of across the middle argue that you’ll get longer noodles as the noodles naturally form in bands around the narrower width. Some even suggest cutting it in several slices to take advantage of that.
But as you’ll see from the video above, cutting the squash is by far the hardest part of eating it, so having to cut multiple slices is definitely not something I want to undertake.
Therefore, when it comes to cutting lengthwise or across the middle, it’s really 6-to-1-half-a-dozen-to-the-other. If you cut it lengthwise, it’s easier to get the noodles out once it’s cooked. If you cut it across the narrower side, it’s easier to cut (usually in one slice with a larger knife) but then a little more work to scrape out the noodles. So pick your favorite.
I find the noodle length to be about the same either way so don’t let that sway you. For me, it all depends on how large the spaghetti squash is to begin with and which way seems slightly easier to cut.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Carefully slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and use a large spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Coat the inside of the spaghetti squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Turn the spaghetti squash upside down on a baking tray and cook for 35-45 minutes, depending on the size.
- You’ll know it’s done when the top of the spaghetti squash can be easily pierced with a knife and the underside edges have become golden.
- Let the spaghetti squash cool to the touch, then use a fork to scrape the inside to create long strands of spaghetti squash noodles.
- Serve immediately.
253 total views, 2 views today