Use your slow cooker to simmer this traditional one-pot Irish meal during the day. You and your family will be sitting down to perfectly cooked corned beef and cabbage for dinner.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 8 small red potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 small onion (, quartered)
- 1 corned beef brisket (, rinsed and trimmed (4 pounds))
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Mixed Pickling Spice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic (, Minced)
- 1/2 head cabbage (, cored and cut into wedges)
- Place potatoes, carrots and onion in 6-quart slow cooker.
- Place corned beef brisket over vegetables.
- Sprinkle with pickling spice and minced garlic.
- Add enough water (about 8 cups) to just cover meat. Cover.
- Cook 7 hours on HIGH.
- Add cabbage.
- Cover. Cook 1 to 2 hours on HIGH or until cabbage is tender-crisp.
- Remove corned beef brisket to serving platter.
- Slice thinly across the grain.
- Serve with vegetables.
- Source: McCormick
115 total views, 1 views today