Use your slow cooker to simmer this traditional one-pot Irish meal during the day. You and your family will be sitting down to perfectly cooked corned beef and cabbage for dinner.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
8 hrs 10 mins
- 8 small red potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 small onion , quartered
- 1 corned beef brisket , rinsed and trimmed (4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Mixed Pickling Spice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic , Minced
- 1/2 head cabbage , cored and cut into wedges
Place potatoes, carrots and onion in 6-quart slow cooker.
Place corned beef brisket over vegetables.
Sprinkle with pickling spice and minced garlic.
Add enough water (about 8 cups) to just cover meat. Cover.
Cook 7 hours on HIGH.
Cover. Cook 1 to 2 hours on HIGH or until cabbage is tender-crisp.
Remove corned beef brisket to serving platter.
Slice thinly across the grain.
Serve with vegetables.