This Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast Recipe is so good and so simple to prepare! I loved that the gravy was not too heavy or salty, yet very flavorful.
- 4 lb. beef roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- ½ cup water
- 6 small red potatoes, scrubbed
- salt and pepper
- oil for frying
- Put oil in cast iron skillet, salt and pepper roast, and brown over medium heat, turning to brown all sides of roast.
- Remove roast to platter and turn heat to low under skillet.
- In same skillet mix together soup, dry onion soup mix, and water and stir to mix and get browned bits off bottom.
- Pour ½ mixture from skillet into slow cooker then lay roast in.
- Pour remaining mixture from skillet over the top of roast.
- Arrange potatoes around the roast in the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until roast falls apart and potatoes are tender.
- Serve with candied carrots for a nice combination of sweet and tangy flavors.
- Use the extra broth to make gravy and pour over the top.