Potato latkes are crisp shredded potato pancakes, served with sour cream or applesauce. You can eat them as a side dish, appetizer or plain old snack. They will disappear quickly, so make more than you think you’ll need.
Shredded Potato Latkes ( Pancakes )
- 6 large potatoes (, peeled (about 2 1/2 pounds))
- 1 small onion (, finely chopped)
- 2 eggs (, lightly beaten)
- 3 tbsps flour
- 2 tsps Lawry's® Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 tsp Lawry's® Garlic Pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (, for frying)
- Shred potatoes. Squeeze dry in a large clean kitchen towel. Place potatoes in large bowl. Add onion, eggs, flour, seasoned salt and garlic pepper; mix well.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Drop potato mixture, several heaping tablespoonfuls at a time, into skillet. Flatten slightly with back of spoon. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm. Repeat with remaining potato mixture, adding additional oil if needed.
- Serve with sour cream seasoned with additional garlic pepper and chopped chives. Or serve with applesauce or apricot preserves.
- Courtesy of McComick
85 total views, 4 views today