- 3 pounds red potatoes (washed, dried, and cut into quarters)
- ¾ c. mayonnaise
- ¾ c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium shallot (outer skin removed and finely chopped)
- 3 T. Dijon mustard
- ½ c. fresh dill (chopped)
- ½ c. fresh parsley (chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place cut potatoes in a large microwave-safe dish and add 2 T. water.
- Cover and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until fork tender. (Cooking time will vary by microwave, so check after 2 minutes.
- Potatoes should be tender enough to split with a fork, but still firm).
- Remove potatoes from dish and spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet to dry.
- Blot gently with a paper towel, if needed.
- In a small glass bowl, add mayonnaise, yogurt, shallot, mustard and fresh herbs.
- Stir to combine thoroughly. Add potatoes to a separate bowl and gradually add mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat.
- (Don’t add all of the mayonnaise mixture at once in case you decide you want less on your potato salad).
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American