This Rustic Blueberry Maple Crisp is made with fresh blueberries and topped with greek yogurt or your favorite topping.
Just mix up the ingredients and place in a cast iron skillet.
4 c. fresh blueberries, rinsed
¼ c. real maple syrup
¾ t. ground cinnamon
½ t. ground allspice
½ t. dried rosemary (or 1½ t. fresh, finely chopped)
¾ c. old-fashioned rolled oats
¼ c. almond flour
¼ c. almonds, sliced
¼ c. honey, preferably local
2 T. unsalted butter, melted
1/8 t. table salt
Optional, to Serve:
1 c. Greek yogurt
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°
- Place blueberries in a large bowl. Add maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice, rosemary, and salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a separate bowl and stir until oats are thoroughly coated and all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Pour blueberry mixture into a 10” cast iron skillet and spread into an even layer. Spread the topping evenly across the top in a uniform layer, as well.
- Place into pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes. If the top layer is nicely browned at this point, cover dish loosely with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the blueberry crisp is nice and bubbling. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with some Greek yogurt, if desired. Enjoy!
You Might Also Like some of the Other Desserts HERE
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes