Red Velvet Cupcakes – Gluten Free Friendly Dessert Recipe
Now everyone can enjoy these deliciously moist Gluten Free Red Velvet Cupcakes.
Perfect for celebrations and everyday baking.Print
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs
- Splash of McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
VANILLA CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For Cupcakes, mix cocoa powder, cornstarch, sorghum flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Beat granulated sugar and oil in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add melted chocolate; mix well.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Stir food color and vanilla into buttermilk.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not over beat.
- Spoon batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool completely.
For the Frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, sour cream and vanilla in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with Frosting.