PUMPKIN SEED BUTTERCUPS
Brace yourself, the pumpkin is coming! Pumpkin seed Buttercups, Pumpkin spice, pumpkin infused, pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin! We are approaching October and my foodie social media feed is already filled to the brim with pumpkin recipes– and I absolutely love it.
Yes, that includes pumpkin lattes. All are welcome! I will definitely be throwing my contributions into the pumpkin frenzy, but today we’re doing something a little different. I’m making a recipe with pumpkin seeds. Since both pumpkins and chocolate are native to Mexico, I couldn’t resist putting them together.
- ⅔ cup shelled pumpkin seeds ((pepitas))
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or non-hydrogenated organic vegetable shortening
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 ½ tablespoons powdered sugar
- 9 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- 1 ½ tablespoons coarse sea salt
- See Link Below