Well. It wasn’t very long before I tried making those same rolls with “x” amount of other fillings – Apple Pie filling, Peanut Butter and Chocolate filling, etc… Apple Pie didn’t work. It just wasn’t doin’ it for me. Too soggy. Peanut Butter and Chocolate didn’t pass the test, either. It tasted a bit burnt. However, I will have to revisit that one and HOPEFULLY report back to you in a week or two. I might have to take the more traditional route to make those happen.
BUT… wanna know what worked? PUMPKIN! And a delicious pumpkin pie spice cream cheese frosting to go with it. Heavenly!
Read more at http://diethood.com/pumpkin-pie-cinnamon-rolls/#paTPLQEkbigSO1Jg.99
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rounds
- 4 tablespoons butter , melted
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- For the Frosting
- 4- oz cream cheese , softened
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Click on link below for Recipe