The surprise inside this pumpkin cake is a swirl of chocolate. Use your measuring cup to mix the chocolate into the batter so you don’t have to wash another bowl.
Pumpkin-Chocolate Swirl Cake with Chocolate Ganache
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ spice cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin ((not pumpkin pie mix))
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup chopped semisweet baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- Chocolate Ganache
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped semisweet baking chocolate
- Heat oven to 325°F. Generously spray 10- or 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, vegetable oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of the batter into the glass measuring cup you used for measuring the water and oil. Stir in the 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate and the baking cocoa until well combined. Pour half of the pumpkin batter into pan. Spoon chocolate batter over batter in pan. Top with remaining pumpkin batter.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; turn upside down onto cooling rack or heatproof serving plate, and remove pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Place cake on serving plate.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave cream uncovered on High 45 seconds to 1 minute or until cream just begins to simmer. Add the 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate to the cream, and stir until smooth. Cool 5 minutes. Drizzle over cake.
- Courtesy of Betty Crocker