Forget the frosted cupcakes, and say hello to Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes. Fruit and lemon cake make these Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes a crowd-pleaser.
Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. ((3 oz.) JELL-O Lemon Flavor Gelatin)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (, melted)
- 2 cans ((8 oz. each) pineapple tidbits in juice, drained)
- 1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- 12 maraschino cherries (, halved)
- 1 pkg. ((2-layer size) yellow cake mix)
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 tsp . lemon zest
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Cool 10 min.
- Meanwhile, mix sugar and butter in medium bowl; stir in pineapple and nuts. Place cherry half, cut side up, in center of each of 24 paper-lined muffin cups. Cover with pineapple mixture.
- Beat remaining ingredients in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add gelatin; mix well. Spoon over pineapple mixture in muffin cups. (Cups will almost be completely filled.)
- Bake 15 to 18 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min.; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Invert onto plates just before serving; remove paper liners.
- Courtesy of Kraft