This is such a simple recipe and the perfect accompaniment to Mexican and Caribbean meals. The pungent heat from the red onion dissipates overnight into a sweet crunch and a vibrant pink color. Its flavor is as bright as its appearance.
PICKLED RED ONIONS RECIPE
- 1 red onion (, thinly sliced)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 cup water
- Whisk vinegar and seasonings with 2 cups of water until fully dissolved.
- Place onion slices in a container and add liquid until covered.
- quart mason jars work perfectly for this.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour, but it is best if left in the fridge overnight.
- Author: Fox Valley Foodie