- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups very hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and spices.
- Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, stir pumpkin, milk, melted butter and vanilla together to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix to create a thick batter.
- Pour into a small 8-inch casserole dish with high sides.
- In a separate bowl, stir sugar, brown sugar and pecans together.
- Spread over the top of the batter evenly.
- Pour hot water over the entire thing (DO NOT STIR A THING!) and bake for 40 minutes or once the middle is set.
- Be sure to place on a baking sheet incase it bubbles over.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with more pecans and vanilla ice cream.