It’s funny how something can go unnoticed for years and then suddenly you see it everywhere. That is how it was for me with Peppermint Bark; that beautiful confection of dark and white chocolate covered with crushed candy canes. If you need a last minute Christmas gift idea, make this Holiday Peppermint Bark! It’s so easy to make and your friends and family will love it. It’s so festive and delicious!
Peppermint Bark Candy Recipe
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- 10 oz white chocolate chips ((the real stuff))
- 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp peppermint oil
- 12 large candy canes (, crushed with a rolling pin)
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate, either in a double boiler, or by microwaving in a glass bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring after each session, until fully melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto a silicone surface or parchment paper. Shake the pan from side to side to let the chocolate smooth and flatten out.
- Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to let the chocolate harden.
- Melt the white chocolate, either in a double boiler, or by microwaving in a glass bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring after each session, until fully melted.
- Pour the white chocolate over the hardened bittersweet chocolate, then shake the pan from side to side to get the white chocolate surface to flatten out.