I love soup and this is one of my favorites. This is THE EASIEST soup you will ever make. I even buy a rotisserie chicken to make it even easier. And then you use a boxed wild rice mix (with the seasoning packet!) plus some fresh onion and carrot.
(Panera Copycat) Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup red onion (, diced)
- 1/2 cup carrots (, diced)
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 package Near East Long Grain & Wild Rice with Flavor Packet
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- salt (, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and carrots and cook until softened. Add dried marjoram, flour, and seasoning packet from the rice; stir to combine.
- Add rice, chicken broth, and water; bring to a boil. Cover, lower to a simmer, and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Heat heavy cream and milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir into the soup. Stir in the shredded chicken.
- Cook about 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.