You can find potato gnocchi in the refrigerated Italian section of your market and in the pasta aisle and in the frozen foods next to the ravioli.
I prefer the fresh, refrigerated type or the frozen.
A rotisserie chicken works well here as does leftover roasted or baked chicken.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve eaten this soup before or not. You’re bound to like it. It’s the kind of soup that hugs you from the inside out and the outside in.
Soup for the soul.
Olive Garden’s Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup onion (, diced)
- 1/2 cup carrots (, diced)
- 1/2 cup celery (, diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (, minced)
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 + 1/2 cups half & half
- 2 cups cooked white meat chicken (, shredded or cut into small bites)
- 1 pound potato gnocchi
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach (, stems removed)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- fresh grated Parmesan and/or Romano (, for serving)
- CLICK ON LINK BELOW