Chocolate lovers, this one’s for you! A chocolate chip cookie base gets topped with chocolate fudge pudding, creamy marshmallow-Oreo™ filling, and drizzled with a chocolate-fudge sauce for a decadent brownie treat that’s oh-so-good.
Everyone needs to make these yummy easy peasy Mississippi Mud Cookie Bars.
- You can easily break cookies by placing them in a resealable food-storage plastic bag and pressing with a rolling pin a few times.
- To quickly soften cream cheese, remove from wrapper, and place on microwavable plate; microwave uncovered on High about 15 seconds or just until softened.
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 box (3.9 oz) Jell-O™ chocolate fudge-flavor instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (7 oz) Kraft™ Jet-Puffed™ marshmallow creme
- 2 cups (from 8-oz container) Cool Whip™ frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 16 Oreo™ chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate fudge sauce, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, break apart cookie dough.Knead in cocoa until thoroughly combined.
- Press in pan.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until set around edges. Cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat dry pudding mix and milk with whisk about 2 minutes or until thick.
- Spoon over cooled cookie base, and spread evenly.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in marshmallow creme and whipped topping until well blended.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chopped cookies.
- Drop cream cheese mixture by spoonfuls over pudding layer; evenly spread.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle remaining 1 cup chopped cookies over top.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate fudge sauce uncovered on High 10 to 20 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle warmed sauce over brownies.
- Store remaining brownies covered in refrigerator.
- Courtesy of Pillsbury