MISSISSIPPI MUD CAKE
When it comes to sweets, cake is my weakness.
Don’t get me wrong, I love pies, cookies, bars and anything else sweet too, but there’s no treat more tempting than chocolate cake.
- One Chocolate Cake (, baked in a 9×13” pan)
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag of miniature marshmallows
- For the frosting:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Bake chocolate cake according to instructions.
- Remove cake from oven and sprinkle marshmallows all over the cake, completely covering it. Return to oven (at 350 degrees F) for 2-3 minutes or until the marshmallows are just slightly puffed and melted.
- Allow cake to cool completely before drizzling frosting on top.
For the frosting: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add milk and cocoa powder and whisk well.
- Cook for about 2-3 more minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Use an electric mixer to make the frosting smooth.
- Drizzle warm frosting immediately over cake.
- Refrigerate cake for for about 30 minutes or until frosting has set.
- Store at room temperature.