Mediterranean Greek Salad is a salad of juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumber, sliced red onion, green pepper, crumbly feta cheese and plump kalamata olives. Greek salad can be served as a side dish or as a light meal with some light bread.
“This is a great greek salad to take to a barbeque. All ingredients are approximate, so add more or less of any ingredient depending on your own taste.”
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic—minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tomatoes
- ¼ red onion
- ½ cucumber sliced
- ½ green pepper sliced
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 16 kalamata olives
- Place the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano in a small jar with a screw-top lid and shake to combine.
- Place the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine just before serving.