Indulge in a slice of this Matilda Inspired Chocolate Cake.
The rich chocolate cake recipe is made with three layers of sponge and a creamy chocolate icing.
Here’s for you the most amazing chocolate cake. So just go and grab this recipe now! Recipe and Video Below.
- All-purpose flour, for flouring pans
- 1 package Devil’s Food cake mix
- 1 package chocolate pudding mix
- 1 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c. water
- GANACHE FROSTING
- 1 pt. heavy cream
- 24 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- Video courtesy of Delish
- Bake the Cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the bottom and sides of two 8″ round cake pans. Mix all of the cake ingredients in a large bowl and divide batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes back with just a few crumbs (no gooey batter), 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Make the Ganache: Pour heavy cream into a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring the heavy cream to a simmer, and once you see tiny bubbles form around the edges, remove from heat and add chocolate chips, whisking until combined. Let mixture chill until it reaches a spreadable consistency, at least 20 minutes, before frosting cake.
- Top one round cake with ganache frosting, then place the second cake on top of it. Frost the top and sides of the cake.
You May Also Like More Chocolate Recipes Here. Chocolate Desserts