When I am craving a good old fashion maple bar, I make a batch of these Maple Bacon Bakes to satisfy my sweet tooth craving in a healthy way. Salty bacon and sweet maple syrup go together like cowboys and horses.
MAPLE BACON BREAKFAST BAKES-GLUTEN FREE
- 2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp . sea salt or real salt
- 1/2 tsp . baking soda
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp . pure maple syrup ((Grade B) is preferred)
- 1 tsp . pure maple extract
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon ((cooked))
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp . pure maple extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Whisk the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add in oil, eggs, maple syrup and extract.
- Stir until evenly combined
- Fold in chopped dates.
- Scoop up a small amount of dough and shape
- it round like a biscuit.
- Place on baking sheet about 2″ apart
- Bake on center rack for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Whip up maple glaze ingredients and chopped bacon, drizzle on top