Low Fat Creamy Chocolate Caramel Turtle Pie.
With fewer calories and less fat, this turtle won’t take a bite out of your diet!
A turtle pie is a crust made of crushed chocolate cookies. … It was named after the speciality pie at a Steak place called The Velvet Turtle. Turtle pie is named after a candy with the same ingredients. Turtle chocolates originated in 1920 by Rowntree DeMet’s in Chicago.
- 10 chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon no-trans-fat 68% vegetable oil spread stick, melted
- 3 cups chocolate reduced-fat ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup fat-free hot fudge topping
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups vanilla reduced-fat ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup fat-free caramel topping
- In small bowl, mix wafer cookie crumbs and melted vegetable oil spread until crumbly. Press gently and evenly in bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Drop chocolate ice cream by small spoonfuls over crust; carefully spread until smooth. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Spoon and carefully spread fudge topping over ice cream. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the pecans; press lightly. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Drop vanilla ice cream by small spoonfuls over pecan layer; carefully spread until smooth. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup pecans. Cover; freeze at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes to soften.
- Carefully remove side of pan.
- Cut into 12 wedges.
- Place each wedge on individual dessert plate; drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of the caramel topping.
- Store remaining ice cream cake covered in freezer.
- Courtesy of Betty Crocker
You may also like some of these other pies