Low Carb Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
This Low Carb Cauliflower Casserole Recipe tastes like classic macaroni and cheese but instead of noodles, there’s cauliflower. Add lots of bacon.
You definitely want to cook the cauliflower a little first so that it doesn’t take forever in the oven. After about 30 minutes, you won’t be able to stand it any longer.Print
- 2 small heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. whole milk
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar, divided
- black pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 c. sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch cauliflower, 3 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze cauliflower of water.
- Make cheese sauce: In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then add flour and stir until golden, 2 minutes.
- Add milk and bring to a low simmer, then add cream cheese, whisking until combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheddar until melted, then season with salt and pepper.
- In a 9”-x-13” dish, add drained cauliflower.
- Pour over cheese sauce and stir until combined.
- Stir in all but 1 tablespoon each cooked bacon and green onions until combined, then top with remaining cheddar, bacon, and green onions.
- Bake until cauliflower is tender and cheese is melty, 30 minutes.
Watch Video Below by Delish