• Korean pepper paste or Gochujang is a fermented chile and bean paste. It is used flavor stews, soups and marinades, and as a condiment at the table. It is available in Asian markets and online specialty stores.
If using wooden skewers, soak thoroughly in water for at least 30 minutes before threading with pork. This prevents them from burning when on the grill.
Korean BBQ Pork Skewers
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Korean pepper paste ((Gochujang))
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ginger (, Ground)
- 1 pound boneless center-cut pork chops (, (3/4-inch thick), cut into 8 diamond-shaped pieces)
- 2 green onions (, thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Sesame Seed
- Mix honey, Korean pepper paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder and ginger in small bowl until well blended. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade for brushing. Place pork in large resealable bag. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well. Massage pork and marinade for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove pork from marinade. Thread 1 piece of pork onto each skewer. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill skewers over medium-high heat 2 minutes per side or until pork is cooked through, brushing with reserved marinade. Sprinkle skewers with green onions and sesame seed.
- Courtesy of McCormick