A delicious, quick and easy side dish for the sweet potato fans out there- A sweet and salty spice rub take these grilled sweet potatoes to the next level- Perfect for grilling season or an easy weeknight meal the whole family would love! Naturally paleo, gluten free and vegan!
KETTLE CORN GRILLED SWEET POTATOES
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes (, cut into discs)
- 1 T coconut oil (, melted*)
- 1 T coconut sugar
- 1 T sea salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika ((optional))
- 1 tsp + red pepper flakes ((optional))
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sweet potato discs and coconut oil and mix roughly.
- Add the coconut sugar, sea salt, smoked paprika and red pepper flakes and mix very well until potatoes are fully coated.
- Heat a grill or barbecue and coat generously with cooking spray or brush will coconut oil.
- Layer your sweet potato discs and cook for approximately 12-15 minutes, flipping when charred and soft on one side
- * I tried this with 2-3 T oil and the sweet potatoes stuck to the grill and became too soft. By only using 1 tablespoon, they came out charred and semi crispy!
- Cooking time depends on temperature and power of your grill. Mine were done within 25 minutes, flipping once.
- By Arman @ thebigmansworld