ITALIAN STYLE SOUP WITH TURKEY SAUSAGE. This 5 Star hearty vegetable soup with pasta are a favorite in Italian kitchens.
The addition of turkey sausage makes this soup satisfying enough to be a meal in itself.
“Delicious! Used McCormick’s Italian Seasoning and dried minced garlic, more broth and added a large yellow bell pepper. I couldn’t find Italian style turkey sausage so I used 1 package turkey Lit’l Smokies sausages. It was excellent and I am planning on making it again! This time I will try 1 lb ground turkey.” -@Amber
ITALIAN STYLE SOUP WITH TURKEY SAUSAGE
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz sweet or hot Italian-style turkey sausage (, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can ((32 ounces) reduced sodium chicken broth)
- 1 can ((15 1/2 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 can ((14 1/2 ounces) no salt added diced tomatoes, undrained)
- 1 tsp McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1 tsp McCormick® Rosemary Leaves (, finely crushed)
- 1 tsp McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 package ((6 ounces) baby spinach, leaves)
- 1/2 cup uncooked small pasta (, such as mini bowties or elbows)
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes longer or until onion is tender and sausage is browned.
- Pour chicken broth, beans and tomatoes into saucepan. Stir in oregano, rosemary and thyme. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and pasta. Return to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Source: McCormick