Chocolate lovers unite! This rich, classic frosting will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth. Start with McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract, mixed with butter, milk and confectioners’ sugar. Blend it with unsweetened cocoa powder for a smooth, chocolatey finish. Feeling adventurous? Add even more flavor to your buttercream with any of McCormick’s signature extracts, including coconut, maple, orange and rum.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup milk
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla; mix well.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder in medium bowl until well blended. Gradually add cocoa mixture to butter, beating well after each addition and scraping sides and bottom of bowl frequently. Add milk; beat until light and fluffy. If frosting is too thick to spread, gradually beat in additional milk.