How To Make Cheesy Chicken Fritters – This is a Must Try Recipe
The cheese in these chicken fritters forms a crisp outer crust and a lovely cheese pull as you bite into these yummy chicken fritters. Juicy and delicious!
Don’t Forget to see more Chicken Recipes BelowPrint
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts (3 large)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour or cornstarch or potato starch for gluten free
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese (1 1/3 cups shredded)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Extra light olive oil to saute (or any high heat cooking oil)
- Using a sharp knife, dice chicken into 1/3″ thick pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl. Tip: If chicken breast is partially frozen, it will be a little bit easier to slice.
- Into the mixing bowl, add remaining batter ingredients: 2 eggs, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup flour, 1 1/3 cups shredded mozzarella, 1 1/2 Tbsp dill, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper, or season to taste. Stir the mixture until well combined, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp oil. When oil is hot, add the chicken mixture a heaping Tablespoon at a time. Slightly flatten out the tops with the back of your spoon and sauté uncovered 3-4 min on the first side, then flip and saute 3 min on the second side or until outsides are golden brown and chicken is fully cooked through*
- Repeat with remaining fritters adding more oil as needed.