It’s that time of year and I am so fed up with these irritating flies all over my house, its time to get rid of them.
They not only irritate me when they are buzzing around and land on me, but also because they are the carriers of disease causing bacteria. Did you know that a single house fly can carry about a million bacteria on their tiny body hair called tarsi!
They get these bacteria from all the contaminated places where they go and sit such as fecal matter, garbage disposal sites, rotten foods etc. They won’t and don’t need to bite you to transmit these bacteria to your body.
They will just sit on the open foods that lie on your kitchen counter or on the dining table and leave the bacteria in these foods.
When you eat these food, your body gets all the nasty bacteria to make you ill with such diseases as dysentery, typhoid, diarrhea, and cholera. Here is just one natural way to keep flies out of your house.
Use Cloves and Lemon to Repel Flies
Cloves smell good to us but are not liked by flies. They cannot stand the scent of this spice that is used for cooking purposes. Cloves are effective in repelling house flies. In this remedy for flies cloves are used with lemon, yet another smell that flies do not like.
- Lemon- 2
- Cloves- 25
- Cut the lemons into halves.
- Now poke 6-12 cloves into each of the lemon half.
- Poke with the pointed part of the clove so that the bud remains upwards.
- Arrange these cloves poked lemon halves onto a plate.
- It makes an aromatic and beautiful looking centerpiece for your table, especially when you have meals with friends outdoor like in a barbecue party or a picnic.
- You may also wrap some cloves in a cheesecloth or a muslin bag to hang them in flies infected areas
3,804 total views, 117 views today