Homemade Pico De Gallo Salsa
In Mexican cuisine, pico de gallo, also called salsa fresca or salsa cruda, is made from chopped tomato, onion, cilantro, serrano peppers, salt, and lime juice.
Other ingredients, such as shrimp, or avocado, are also sometimes added.
- 5 Roma tomatoes , diced
- 1/2 cup red onion , diced
- 1/2 cup white onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1 small jalepeño pepper ,veins and seeds removed, diced
- 1 – 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro and jalapeño in a bowl.
- Season with salt and add lime juice to taste.
- Top on your favorite Mexican food, or serve with chips.
- Pico de gallo is best eaten fresh, within 12 hours of making it.