Our Cranberry Sauce, with a touch of cinnamon and vanilla, is a favorite holiday recipe.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package ((12 ounces) fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon (, Ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel (, (optional))
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mix sugar and water in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil on medium-high heat.
- Add cranberries, cinnamon and orange peel; return to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes or until cranberries burst and sauce begins to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Courtesy of McCormick