You’ll be on cloud nine when you taste this heavenly HERSHEY’S Chocolate Pie with a light and airy chocolate cream using dark chocolate chips.Print
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips (12-oz. pkg.) , divided
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine , softened
- One pie shell 9-inch
- Sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping (optional)
- Bake pie shell; cool. Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2 quart saucepan.
- Combine egg yolks and milk in container with pouring spout.
- Gradually blend milk mixture into sugar mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Add 1-3/4 cups chocolate chips; stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended.
- Pour into prepared pie shell; press plastic wrap onto filling. Cool.
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled and firm.
- Garnish with whipped cream and remaining chocolate chips, if desired.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Courtesy of Hershey
2,400 total views, 38 views today