Healthy Paleo Greek Salad Recipe.
This Amazing and healthy Greek Salad makes a great side dish or you can make it a full meal.
I added grilled shrimp for some protein.
Pro tip: save the cucumber seeds and flesh and drop them into a pitcher of cold water. It’s the perfect healthy drink to accompany the salad.
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, large-diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, large-diced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced in half-rounds
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, 1/2-inch diced (not crumbled)
- 1/2 cup calamata olives, pitted
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup good red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- Place the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and red onion in a large bowl.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Still whisking, slowly add the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables.
- Add the feta and olives and toss lightly.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve at room temperature.