Healthy Homemade Magnesium Energy Balls. These energy balls are perfect for a snack, and a little pick me up when you hit that afternoon slump plus they use coconut oil which is a wonderful healthy additive to your diet.
Did you know magnesium is so beneficial, that it’s thought to be one of the most important nutrients for our health?Print
These Healthy Homemade Magnesium Energy Balls make great snacks
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, raw, unsalted
- 1 cup almonds, raw, unsalted
- 1/2 cup (about 8) soft dried black mission figs, chopped (remove hard stems)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 avocado, ripe
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Choose a baking sheet or tray that actually fits inside the freezer.
- Place all ingredients, except chocolate chips and ground almonds, in a food processor and process until thick and blended.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse until mixed.
- Divide the processed mixture into 10 portions, and roll each into a ball.
- Place in the freezer for about 1 hour until the mixture firms up.
- Remove balls from the freezer and roll into ground almonds and oatmeal.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for up to one month.