This Healthy Crock Pot White Chicken Chili is a popular recipe for a good reason. It’s healthy, light and flavorful. It’s especially easy and flavorful when cooked in a slow cooker.
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast or Chicken thighs
- 3 cans Great Northern Beans
- 2 8 oz cans Diced Green Chilies
- 1 medium yellow Onion (, diced)
- 1 Tbl minced garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 Tbl salt
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Cup coconut milk or regular milk
- 1/4 Cup cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro (, chopped)
- Bacon Bits
- Place the chicken, beans, chilies, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, pepper, salt, chicken broth, and coconut milk in a crock pot.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours, or until chicken is very tender.
- Remove the chicken and place in a bowl. Lightly shred with a fork.
- Place the starch in a small bowl and slowly whisk in the 1/2 C. water to make a smooth, lump-free mixture.
- Stir the mixture into the chili in the crock pot.
- Add the chicken back into the chili and stir to distribute.
- Let cook for another 30 minutes.
- Soup should thicken up.
- Add the cilantro to the soup just before serving and check the seasonings, adding more salt or pepper if desired.
- If you want the soup to be a little thinner, add more chicken broth or coconut milk until desired consistency is achieved.
- Top with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Garnish with Bacon Bits
165 total views, 4 views today