So, what does Alligator Sausage taste like, exactly? Well, a lot like sausage. Isn’t that always the case with odd, not-so-familiar foods? How many exotic things are described as, “Tastes like chicken”?
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 cloves
- 1 (12-ounce) can of beer (optional)
- 8 links alligator sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot mustard
- Combine peppercorns, cloves, beer, alligator sausage links in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add sausage and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat grill to medium heat.
- Remove sausage from saucepan and place on grill for 10 minutes, turning occasionally until brown.
- For sautéed peppers, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add sliced peppers and onions and sauté until slightly soft.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve sausage topped with sautéed peppers and onions and mustard.